Jan Straathof via nettime-l on Fri, 22 Dec 2023 20:36:59 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> the silence on the rising fascism

Op 22-12-2023 om 12:03 schreef Christian Swertz via nettime-l:
Hello,

Am 21.12.23 um 20:03 schrieb Ted Byfield via nettime-l:
So, again: when someone laments the "silence on" some subject, one way to understand that gesture — just one way, not the only ways — is that it assumes  a traditional, even nostalgic model of discourse, and on that basis diagnoses a collective failure.

Silence is defined as a traditional model of discourse? I have to admit that this seems not intuitive to me. I tried to translate it to German - but the result does not make sense in relation to the definition. Maybe you can help me with a hint on the  other ways to define "silence"?

As Heidegger once wrote: "/Die Sprache spricht als das Geläut der Stille.//" /[UzS: 30]