Christian Swertz via nettime-l on Wed, 20 Dec 2023 21:10:09 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> the silence on the rising fascism

Hello Brian,

Am 19.12.23 um 21:19 schrieb Brian Holmes via nettime-l:
I agree with Ted about the need to go beyond existing political rhetoric in
an attempt to see commonalities between diverse groups of people and
diverse geographical situations.

This sound like diversity might be a common thing between diverse groups. In this case, diversity is universal. This reminds me on the idea that religious freedom was once a good idea - the diversity between diverse religions might in some respect be similar to the diversity of diverse groups and to the diversity of diverse geographical situations. This leads to a simple consequence: You do not have the right to tell anybody how to live, where to live and what to believe. And nobody has the right to tell you how to live, where to live and what to believe. I would call this a dogmatic undogmatism . So maybe the general right to diversity is an option?

disappear would be the worst outcome. I for one would be very glad to hear
more from people on the list about what difficulties they are facing in
public life, and what ideas they have about how to overcome them.

I'm not sure how difficulties in public life might look like. One example: I have seen a lot of unethical public behaviour today: People driving around in fuel driven cars and flying in fuel driven airplanes. For me, that's a difficulty I face in public life and I have no idea how to overcome this difficulty. Do you mean something like this?

--
Liebe Grüße,

Christian Swertz
http://www.swertz.at