podinski via nettime-l on Tue, 17 Oct 2023 14:50:16 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> silence on Palestine?

Liebe Netters,

I've been a little reluctant to respond on this one ( for various
reasons like time, but also b/c of the big + archived list factors )...

Greatly appreciate that Andrew started the thread with a good frame, and
appreciating the surprisingly calm tone.

Don't mind the much-needed discussions on the topic, it's useful to
learn from, and it is most definitely a very-skewed
(mis-)information-MSM- frenzy, so it's good to get some clarity on many
aspects...

But i happen to have something that actually fits well to what Michael
brings up today …

Paris Marx, who is usually focused on Big Tech issues, just did a
fantastic interview w/ Antony Loewenstein, an Australian-German
independent journalist and author of The Palestine Laboratory (Verso
2023 ) who was based in East Jerusalem between 2016 and 2020.
Loewenstein, who started reporting in Israel and Palestine in the early
2000s, recounts early in the book his own familial history with
displacement. His grandparents fled Nazi Germany and Austria as Jewish
refugees in 1939. In Australia, he was raised in what he describes as a
liberal Zionist home. ( some excerpt here from an Middle East Eye review
of his book, not linked here. ).

https://www.disconnect.blog/p/this-is-not-simply-between-israel

( Substack, but no log in required )

This takes the conversation a little further, b/c as the title states,
this is way bigger than Israel and Hamas… and once again we find
ourselves in boiling-over waters with war-profiteers, autocrats,
fascists and desperate players ready to seriously escalate things !

Not exactly looking fwd to reading The Palestine Lab... that’s some
harrowing investigations ! But looks like essential reading for the
global situations ! High-tech War Biz uberalles !

And here we are again…  with the M.I.C. diving into a "9/11 Part 2"
opportunity to keep expanding its markets.

We probably need some new ideas for a STOP THE M**F**MIC movement !

wishing for a de-colonized world for all !

podinski

arts + praxis activities at *CiTiZEN KiNO* and *Globalista Radio Kit*
and the *XLterrestrials* group.

XLT NEW on *SUBSTACK*:
https://xlterrestrials.substack.com <https://xlterrestrials.substack.com>

on *mastodon*: