Keith Sanborn via nettime-l on Mon, 9 Oct 2023 05:32:06 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> silence on Palestine?

It’s not a question of “giving it back”—though there are certainly legal arguments for that—it’s a question of abiding by historical agreements and stopping the choking the life out of the occupied territories. The current right wing government has allowed settler terrorism and murder. I can’t justly murder but I can certainly understand that this is the response to daily historical wrongs. You need to spend time in the west bank to understand the daily drop by drop torture seasoned with occasional murder or land seizures that make every day life unsustainable. And this is all by design. Deliberately allowing less than the humanitarian minimum of food to enter the territories and crippling all attempts at creating self-sustaining food supplies. Historical experience has been a very efficient and evil teacher.

And yes some land and resources can and are being “given back” to the indigenous inhabitants of the “North American“ continent. You might want to consult the New Red Order “Give it back” campaign. Tongue in cheek and yet deadly serious. I am not virtue signaling just saying that the impossible can be possible. If only at the beginning in small inadequate but symbolic ways.