mp on Fri, 25 Jan 2019 21:33:25 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> John Naughton on Shoshana Zuboff: 'The goal is to automate us': welcome to the age of surveillance capitalism

On 25/01/2019 13:09, carlo von lynX wrote:
> But there is a more urgent problem that grows on top of
> surveillance capitalism. It is our inability to exercise
> democracy properly, and therefore to soon lose the ability
> to make any such legislation. So we must stop to focus on
> surveillance capitalism and start to focus on surveillance
> removing our ability to regulate capitalism, or any other
> problem on planet Earth.
>
> Stop using leftist terminology (which makes Christian Democrats

regulation is leftist, a handle on liberal markets created by
social-democrats, a leftist faction

democracy is a liberal distraction from the power of markets.

I don't follow you at all - sounds idiosyncratic/arbitrary and if one
has studied political philosophy, one stops to listen in the absence of
a canonical exposition of your philosophy/politics, because it does not
map onto anything known