Örsan Şenalp on Fri, 14 Dec 2018 19:15:35 +0100 (CET)

<nettime> ACT 5: THIS TIME IT’S INTERGALACTIC | A call out from the Gilets Jaunes (Yellow Vests)

ACT 5: THIS TIME IT’S INTERGALACTIC | A call out from the Gilets
Jaunes (Yellow Vests), for solidarity actions everywhere!

On Saturday the 15th of December 2018.

It began as anger against neoliberal climate policies, a revolt
against unfair petrol taxes that pass on the cost to working people
rather than the rich and the very multinationals most responsible for
polluting our planet. Now four weeks later, it has become a popular
uprising for dignity, a rebellion against the elite and their world, a
cry for equality. It has evolved into a powerful refusal of
representation, of spokespeople, political parties and unions. We have
all been overtaken by what has been happening, everyone has become
more than themselves; because we are impossible to define, the only
code we have is a color code, all the other codes are broken. We are
too diverse and decentralized to be called a movement, too different
to be categorized, let’s simply say we are an uprising! Some in Europe
have tried to turn this into an emblem of ideas from the extreme
right, attempting to instrumentalize our heterogeneity..The yellow
vests were at first a piece of road safety equipment, now it becomes
an unprecedented event which opens up the fault line that charts our
future, a chasm we must bridge, between social and environmental
justice. It invites us all to make a choice between the political
classes and the people, between closing borders and opening
possibilities, between despair and hope.

https://snuproject.wordpress.com/2018/12/14/act-5-this-time-its-intergalactic-a-call-out-from-the-gilets-jaunes-yellow-vests-for-solidarity-actions-everywhere/