marc garrett on Wed, 11 Jun 2014 16:11:01 +0200 (CEST)

Re: <nettime> a free letter to cultural institutions

Thanks,

That's exactly what we have been up to...

However, it would be lovely to get some help from the academics out there who say they are into the type of things that we do, but rarely include it in their writings.

There's some heavy political stuff going on at the moment in UK - especially regarding funding and institutions affiliating themselves with 'happy-clappy' corporate hacking groups, joining together to cherry pick what they see as less critical works so to build a pseudo version of what many of us have spent most of our lives building -- this is being demolished by them right now!

I'm not even sure why I'm bothering say any of this -- it feels pointless.

If anyone wishes to respond and do something 'real' please email me personally.

marc

a free letter to cultural institutions,
<...>

--
--->

A living - breathing - thriving networked neighbourhood -
proud of free culture - claiming it with others ;)

Other reviews,articles,interviews
http://www.furtherfield.org/reviews.php

Furtherfield – online arts community, platforms for creating, viewing,
discussing and learning about experimental practices at the
intersections of art, technology and social change.
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery – Finsbury Park (London).
http://www.furtherfield.org/gallery

Netbehaviour - Networked Artists List Community.
http://www.netbehaviour.org

http://identi.ca/furtherfield
http://twitter.com/furtherfield