Heiko Recktenwald on Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:59:22 +0100 (CET)

Re: <nettime> WSJ: Can Copyright Be Saved?

Carl, you snipped away the part on the price.

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Carl Guderian wrote:

> Books present more of a problem, but maybe Homeland Security, during
> Bush's second term of course, can hire firemen like in Fahrenheit 451.
> Books only cause trouble and take up way too much space anyway. They're
> only holding us back.

Thats why we should hate DRM. There is a long quote by Axel Horn in
http://intra.b.lab.net/~uzs106/bla/wipodmcaetc.doc (in german) that
describes exactly those dangers.

But on the other hand, lets be realistic, a movie is a movie, we see it
just once in the Cinema, we dont copy it, we just watch it.

And when people are so stupid to prefer their home video over real cinema
- many do, not only readers of the "Bild Zeitung" - and the price is ok?

It is just one option of many, the future is open, maybe the price of the
movie is a bad creterium, but I dont know better one yet,

best,

H.

Just saw Carls remarks, DRM is allways a topic